What causes damaged hair?
There are lots of causes for your hair feeling dry, frazzled, fragile or difficult to manage:
- Poor health and nutrition
- Over-processed colour
- Frequent colour changes from dark to light
- Poor quality hair products
- Lack of effective conditioning or repairing products
- Harsh weather, air-con, chlorine or salt water
- Overuse of heat tools (a very common culprit)
Your SANDY stylist can determine the cause of your hair damage and then put a plan in place for your tailored haircare routine.
Tips for repairing the damage
Keep heat to an absolute minimum (think once a week, maximum). Instead of heat styling, embrace your natural texture and use smoothing or curl enhancing products to keep it looking polished. Opt for styles like ponytails, braids and buns.
- Use a nourishing shampoo. This means something that specifically hydrates or repairs.
- Use a mask as your conditioner. These are heavier and usually more nourishing and repairing than conditioners.
- Sleep in your hair treatment once a week and rinse it out the following morning.
- Use a split ends sealer (we love Oribe Split End Sealer) and a leave-in product that hydrates or repairs (we swear by Pureology Colour Fanatic Leave-In Spray). It’s fine to layer products.
- Take a daily supplement for hair, skin and nails. Vitasol Flexibility Wholefood Powder provides minerals, amino acids and antioxidants to support healthy hair skin and nails.
- Book a SANDY in-salon treatment.